Posted to dev@apisix.apache.org by Shivam Singh <sh...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/05 00:38:09 UTC

[Discuss] A more developed community page

Hi community,

So, I had a brief discussion with Zhiyuan on our community page.
<https://apisix.apache.org/docs/general/community> and we came to a
conclusion that we can do better than the current version. People more
involved in OSS, will most likely hit GitHub first, but people new to this
space, might reach the site first, and a welcoming and informative
community page will improve positive hits to develop and spread the
community.

So, getting into some details, here are some ideas from my side -
- Details to join the community (slack + mailing list) (I know this one is
present in general docs, but we can move it out to the contribute/community
page maybe)
- Put up details of recent community events, presented in a more visual and
aesthetic manner, like with video thumbs etc.
- Put references to video tutorials of APISIX, from platforms like YouTube
or any one active in China.
- Also, some blogs to get started with open source at APISIX or in general.
- Forum integration in this page (Like Disqus, if you are familiar). I have
not checked for GitHub discussion integration in websites yet, but I guess
workarounds are possible.

Feel free to add more ideas, I will filter out ones that seem good and
draft a document of sorts.

We can make this page a one stop destination for anyone thinking to
contribute to APISIX or OSS in general.
Also to mention, if anyone other than me feels interested in the
development cycle, feel free to come forward and take up this.

Best regards !

@ Shivam Singh
<si...@apache.org>
<https://github.com/1502shivam-singh>

Re: [Discuss] A more developed community page

Posted by Zhiyuan Ju <ju...@apache.org>.
Last week, I added the GitHub Discussions on the website’s navbar :)

Shivam Singh <sh...@gmail.com>于2021年12月5日 周日上午8:38写道:

--
来自 琚致远

Re: [Discuss] A more developed community page

Posted by Zhiyuan Ju <ju...@apache.org>.
Sure!

<vi...@growthfalcons.com>于2021年12月5日 周日下午5:47写道:

> Appreciate your quick reply. Currently , we have paused our work on APISIX
> , because of other priorities. We will be starting back by next week. I
> will reach out to you.
>
> Regards,
> Vidya

来自 琚致远

RE: [Discuss] A more developed community page

Posted by vi...@growthfalcons.com.

来自 琚致远

Re: [Discuss] A more developed community page

Posted by Zhiyuan Ju <ju...@apache.org>.
Hi Vidya,

Could you please describe your issues more detailed and sent it to mail or
GitHub Issue?

I’d like to help you to figure it out :)

<vi...@growthfalcons.com>于2021年12月5日 周日下午5:36写道:

> I second Shivams thoughts .
> We are one of the early adopters of APISIX. It is great to see so much of
> features and discussions around it. I really appreciate the effort of this
> community .
> However , we faced challenges using python runner and with some
> authentication modules.
> We looked out for some troubleshooting guide /videos on youtube. There
> were few videos which look to be in mandarin.
> I request if there are some tutorials , it would help us to explore more
> and setup for production.
>
> I would like to contribute to this community by writing blogs on APISIX,
> once we are able to set It up.
>

> Regards,
> Vidya

来自 琚致远