Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org> on 2018/02/02 03:10:32 UTC

[Discuss] Patch +1 Policy

Hello, Apache Kylin community,

This is another proposal follows the "Component Owner" proposal;

The below policy is a suggested policy rather than a hard requirement.

Apache Kylin is made of components. Components have one or more OWNERs. See
the 'Description' field on the components JIRA page for who the current
owners are by component.

Patches that fit within the scope of a single component require, at least,
a +1 by one of the component’s owners before commit. If owners are absent —
busy or otherwise — two +1s by non-owners but committers will suffice.

Patches that span components need at least two +1s before they can be
committed, preferably +1s by owners of components touched by the
x-component patch.

Any -1 on a patch by anyone vetoes a patch; it cannot be committed until
the justification for the -1 is addressed.

Please review this policy and share your comments; If no objection, we will
update it to Kylin's development process and enforce it in the future.
Thanks!

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋

Re: [Discuss] Patch +1 Policy

Posted by kangkaisen <ka...@apache.org>.
+1. Thanks Shaofeng.

It's great. Code review is necessary.

--
Sent from: http://apache-kylin.74782.x6.nabble.com/

Re: [Discuss] Patch +1 Policy

Posted by Jianhua Peng <pe...@apache.org>.
Hi shaofeng,

We can also do the following step:
1. submit issue in https://issues.apache.org;
2. related a review request to https://reviews.apache.org/dashboard;
3. The committer can patch +1 policy in review request;
4. The committer can review patch of issue in review request.
example:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RANGER-1797

Re: [Discuss] Patch +1 Policy

Posted by Billy Liu <bi...@apache.org>.
Hi Shaofeng,

I like this idea very much. Do we need official vote?

Re: [Discuss] Patch +1 Policy

Posted by Liukaige <et...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [Discuss] Patch +1 Policy

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Jianhua,

Thanks for your suggestion.
In another thread, Billy is proposing to use apache gitbox to host Kylin
repository. After that, we may switch to GitHub PR for review and merge. If
so, I think the review board is no longer recommended.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋

Re: [Discuss] Patch +1 Policy