Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Alaa Zubaidi (PDF)" <al...@pdf.com> on 2016/04/19 21:40:09 UTC

nodetool -h fails Connection refused

Hi,

I am trying to run nodetool remotely. but its not working:
I am running Cassandra 2.2.5 on CentOS 6.
listen_address: is set to <host IP>
rpc_address: is set to 0.0.0.0
broadcast_rpc_address: is set to <host IP>

I changed the following in cassadnra-env.sh
JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=<hostname>"
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=7199

"nodetool -h <hostname or ip> -p <port> status" results in:
failed to connect to 'hostname' - Connection Exception: 'Connection refused"

netstat -nl | grep 7199
tcp    0    0    127.0.0.1:7199    0.0.0.0:*    LISTEN

ONLY "nodetool -h localhost" works

Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks,
Alaa

--
*This message may contain confidential and privileged information. If it
has been sent to you in error, please reply to advise the sender of the

Re: nodetool -h fails Connection refused

Posted by "Alaa Zubaidi (PDF)" <al...@pdf.com>.
Thanks Nate...
It works now..

--