Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by 叶双明 <ye...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/06 11:26:32 UTC

is SecondaryNameNode in support for the NameNode?

Hi all!

The NameNode is a Single Point of Failure for the HDFS Cluster. There
is support for NameNodeFailover, with a SecondaryNameNode hosted on a
separate machine being able to stand in for the original NameNode if
it goes down.

Is it right? is SecondaryNameNode in support  for the NameNode?

Sorry for my englist!!
明

Re: is SecondaryNameNode in support for the NameNode?

Posted by 叶双明 <ye...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for all !

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
Yes, I agree that that page is confusing. There was a thread named
"Confusing NameNodeFailover page in Hadoop Wiki" in August and some stuff
was done (like the failover page was removed) but my guess is that there is
still work to do.

Since this is an open wiki, anyone can edit it (smile).

J-D

Posted by 叶双明 <ye...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
Hi,