Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Glavo <zj...@gmail.com> on 2022/02/12 09:08:17 UTC

[Compress] Modular Commons Compress and better NIO2 Path API support

I maintained a fork based on Common Compress, fully adapted to JPMS, and
improved the support for NIO2 path API.
All the archivers and compressors are split into separate modules. Its core
module is less than 90KB, and you can choose to add optional components
freely.

Because some APIs are not compatible with changes, I renamed its package,
so it can coexist with the original commons compress.

Now I have released a beta version for trial use. Welcome to try it. Please
give me feedback on any problems. Thank you very much.

Here is the link:

https://github.com/Glavo/kala-compress

Re: [Compress] Modular Commons Compress and better NIO2 Path API support

Posted by Glavo <zj...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your reply.

My original idea was that I, as its user, encountered problems and tried to
solve them myself. I wanted to find other users with the same problems to
communicate.
Since I didn't want to give it directly to the upstream as a PR, I didn't
bother the developer mailing list.

However, after reading your reply, I realized that this is also a
meaningful attempt to the upstream, so communicating with developers may be
a better choice.
Thank you for your advice. I'll go there.

Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com> 于2022年2月12日周六 23:11写道:

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Glavo <zj...@gmail.com>.

Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com> 于2022年2月12日周六 22:50写道:

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Glavo <zj...@gmail.com>.
Well, I'm planning to develop a software similar to 7zip. Common Compress
is the best choice for all foundations, but not all places satisfy me, so
it's necessary to maintain my own fork.

Of course, now I want it to be an attempt at the same time. After I finish
it further, and get some user feedback, I'll try to feed some of it back to
the mainline.

Now I'm preparing to implement the FileSystem. When I finish it, I'll go to
the developer mailing list to talk about this.

Thank you again for your advice.

Christoph Läubrich <la...@googlemail.com.invalid> 于2022年2月13日周日 03:48写道:

Posted by Christoph Läubrich <la...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Glavo <zj...@gmail.com>.