Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dan Brown <da...@zu.com> on 2007/11/26 01:20:46 UTC

[users@httpd] mod rewrite...

I don't deal with rewrite rules very often so I've got a bit of trouble
getting this going.  I'm converting a number of sites over to PHP5 from
PHP4.  A second instance of Apache with PHP4 is running on my server to
accommodate sites still not tested/converted to PHP5.  This is part of an
htaccess file.  The code between the two comments works fine on sites which
don't already use mod_rewrite but gives an internal server error on sites
with existing mod_rewrite rules like this.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /

#S-PHP4 REDIRECT
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT}  ^81$
RewriteRule ^(.*)           /$1  [S=3]
RewriteCond /sites/WCW/www/htdocs/.php4 -f RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT}  ^80$
RewriteRule ^(.*)           http://%{HTTP_HOST}:81/
#E-PHP4 REDIRECT

RewriteRule index.php.* - [L]
RewriteRule ^common.*$ - [L]
RewriteRule ^media.*$ - [L]
RewriteRule ^admin.*$ - [L]
RewriteRule ^(.*) /index.php/$1

These sites handle all URLs through index.php and rewrite the URL for the
browser.
All I seem to get is the error "RewriteRule: bad flag delimiter" no matter
what I try.

----
Dan Brown
danb@zu.com

Re: [users@httpd] mod rewrite...

Posted by Krist van Besien <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hello Dan,

I'm seeing two problems,

On Nov 26, 2007 1:20 AM, Dan Brown <da...@zu.com> wrote:

> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteBase /
>
> #S-PHP4 REDIRECT
> RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT}  ^81$
> RewriteRule ^(.*)           /$1  [S=3]

1) Are you sure you want to skip thhee rules here? You're skipping to
the "RewriteRule ^media.*$ - [L]" rule here.

> RewriteCond /sites/WCW/www/htdocs/.php4 -f RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT}  ^80$

2) the above rewritecond is malformed. Basically the error you get
("bad flag delimiter") points towards this.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org