Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Andrew O'Brien <ob...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/15 16:02:05 UTC

Getting the name of a cell's style

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there's a way to get the style name from a cell.  I
see that cell.getCellStyle() will return an HSSFCellStyle, but there's
no getName() method there.

Searching around in the javadocs I noticed that StyleRecord does have
a getName() method, but I can't figure out the relationship between
that and HSSFCellStyle (and I get the feeling that that's one of those
classes that I shouldn't be worrying about...).

Any help would be most appreciated.

-Andrew

Re: Getting the name of a cell's style

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Tue, 15 Jan 2008, Andrew O'Brien wrote:
> Searching around in the javadocs I noticed that StyleRecord does have a
> getName() method, but I can't figure out the relationship between that
> and HSSFCellStyle (and I get the feeling that that's one of those
> classes that I shouldn't be worrying about...).

I can't immediately spot a link between the two. A HSSFCellStyle is built
up from a ExtendedFormatRecord, which doesn't have a name on it.

Nick