Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ryan Smith <rs...@rogers.com> on 2005/11/27 20:21:02 UTC

Repackaging dependent project artifacts

I'm investigating switching our build process from Ant to Maven.

I've run through the multi-project example, but I'm unclear as to how I
would embed one project's jar artifact within another.  I kind of expected
to be able to specify a package type of "jarjar" to ensure that the
artifacts (simple jars) of any dependent projects are included, but that the
default packaging types appear to be limited to jar/ejb/war.  I'm assuming
the package types are extensible and I'm guessing that someone has already
had the same need.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Ryan

Re: Repackaging dependent project artifacts

Posted by Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com>.
This will also help you:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-assemblies.html

Posted by Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com>.
You may be in need of the assembly plugin to do your "jarjar" package.

Here's the link: http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin