Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by dr...@sdf-eu.org on 2006/08/05 20:07:56 UTC

Formeditor xupdate problems

Hi,

(see below for .rng and .xsl files)

I've created a simple custom document type.
I can create documents, edit them with the source editor
and edit the metadata just fine.

With the formeditor, it will open the document and
display the editing sections and buttons. You can edit a field
but it
doesn't update (i.e., it reverts back to the orignal text).
The file does
get get saved however (timestamp changes).

I'm guessing this is a path / namespace issue with XSLT and /
or xupdate.

Has anyone any ideas?

Cheers,

James

===============
.xsl file
===============

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
    xmlns:image="http://www.ngrm.org.uk/xmlns/image/1.0"
    xmlns:lenya="http://apache.org/cocoon/lenya/page-envelope/1.0"

  	<xsl:import
href="../../../../../xslt/authoring/edit/form.xsl"/>

  	<xsl:template match="image:image">

  	<node name="Title" select="alt">
  	  	<content>
  	    		<textarea name="&lt;xupdate:update
select=&quot;alt&quot;&gt;" cols="40" rows="1">
  	      			<xsl:value-of
select="image:alt" />
  	    		</textarea>
  	  	</content>
  	</node>

  	<node name="Caption" select="desc">
  	  	<content>
  	    		<textarea name="&lt;xupdate:update
select=&quot;desc&quot;&gt;" cols="40" rows="1">
  	      			<xsl:value-of
select="image:desc"/>
  	    		</textarea>
  	  	</content>
  	</node>

  	<node name="Attribution" select="attribution">
  	  	<content>
  	    		<textarea name="&lt;xupdate:update
select=&quot;attribution&quot;&gt;" cols="40" rows="1">
  	      			<xsl:value-of
select="image:attribution"/>
  	    		</textarea>
  	  	</content>
  	</node>

  	</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

==================
.rng file
==================

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<grammar ns="http://www.ngrm.org.uk/xmlns/image/1.0"
           xmlns="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0"
           xmlns:lenya="http://apache.org/cocoon/lenya/page-envelope/1.0"
           xmlns:dcterms="http://purl.org/dc/terms/"
           xmlns:xhtml="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"

<define name="Number.datatype">
    <text/>
</define>

<define name="Text.datatype">
    <text/>
</define>

<include href="lenya.rng"/>

  	<start>
  		<element name="image">
         			<ref name="lenya.meta"/>
         			<element name="alt"><text
/></element>
         			<element name="desc"><text
/></element>
         			<element
name="attribution"><text /></element>
  		</element>
  	</start>

</grammar>

--

drseuk@sdf-eu.org
SDF-EU Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf-eu.org

Re: Formeditor xupdate problems

Posted by dr...@sdf-eu.org.
Hi Michael,

It's metioned in the install notes that the JVM, Cocoon, Lenya and Tomcat
all install their own versions of the endorsed libraries. On my system at
least they were getting overwritten on build (I can't remember which app
was to blame - it was a while ago).

My notes are added in the tutorials section under HowToEditWithBXE...

I was thinking of adding an example of a custom doctype I have which works
with BXE and allows image insertion within BXE using the default asset
upload dialogs if anyone's interested. The images also display correctly
in view as well as edit mode and the context menu works with them.

Regards,

James

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.