Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by "Peter M. Goldstein" <pe...@yahoo.com> on 2002/10/20 23:19:09 UTC

Upgrade to Phoenix 4.0.1

All,

Phoenix 4.0.1 has been officially released.  I'd like to upgrade the
dist to Phoenix 4.0.1, as this resolves a fairly major problem with our
logging (all log entries are being delivered to one file).  If there are
no objections, I'll do the upgrade.  If someone feels this requires a
vote, please feel free to call a vote.  If I hear no objections, I'll do
it sometime tomorrow.

--Peter

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
I found that the new code did NOT work with Sun JVM 1.3.0.  It crashed, but
when we looked at the stack trace, it appeared very odd.  It appears to have
been a JVM defect, and the same code runs fine on BOTH Sun JVM 1.4.1_01 and
IBM JVM 1.3.1.

In any event, I'm up and running with it, and continuing to test.  The
purpose of this is give anyone with Sun JVM 1.3.0 a heads up on the problem.

	--- Noel

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
In this case, it is RH 6.2. I'm planning to update them all to 8.0 soon.

	--- Noel

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.

RE: Upgrade to Phoenix 4.0.1

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

RE: Upgrade to Phoenix 4.0.1

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.

RE: Upgrade to Phoenix 4.0.1

Posted by "Peter M. Goldstein" <pe...@peter-goldstein.com>.
All,

RE: Upgrade to Phoenix 4.0.1

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
> Will do.  I've already done the following:

<snip>

sounds good to me.
d.

RE: Upgrade to Phoenix 4.0.1