Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2015/01/21 19:24:43 UTC

do we need an ack after voting on a committer/ppmc member in an incubating project?

Hi Incubator.

I might not be up to date, thus I better ask.
I am part of a podling which decided to not have a split committer/ppmc membership but have kind of 'flat' structure.
We now voted for a contributor to become a committer (but also PPMC member that way). Does it need some special ACK/ping/whatever in that case?

txs and LieGrue,
strub

Re: do we need an ack after voting on a committer/ppmc member in an incubating project?

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.
Hey Mark
As all committers are being treated as a PPMC member for the project then
the IPMC does need to be notified when a vote starts for a new
committer/pmc member

-Jake