Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Parashar, Hitesh" <Hi...@Avnet.com> on 2001/11/09 00:05:35 UTC

ldap_auth_module and tomcat/webapp

Hi:

I am using Tomcat 4.0/Apache 1.3.xx/mod_webapp. I have setup one application
as follows:

WebAppConnection	conn			warp
localhost:8008
WebAppDeploy 	application		conn		/application

The directory application exists inside <CATALINA_HOME>/webapps

Now, I want to use ldap_auth_module to secure <CATALINA_HOME>/webapps

Separately, apache works happily to secure calypso directory using HTTP
Basic Authentication. When I put tomcat with this application, and use
following directives to secure the application

<Location /application>
	Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
	AllowOverride None
	order allow, deny
	AuthName "application"
	AuthType Basic
	LDAP_Server foo.bar.com
	LDAP_Port 389
	Base_DN "ou=People, o=bar.com"
	UID_Attr cn
	require valid-user
</Location>

Now, when I try to access http://myhost.bar.com/application/foo.html .

(1) It does not challenge me with username/password
(2) It gives me "403: Forbidden" error.

Any pointers what might be going wrong here. If anybody has done something
like this, please let me know.

Ciao,

Hitesh.