Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/03 20:58:08 UTC

Re: How can we download a file using WebHDFS REST API

Hello Mustaqeem,

          I don't think this is possible through webHDFS, as others have
said. But you could use wget(courtesy Datanode API) to download the file.
Something like this :

wget http://datanode:50075/streamFile/path_of_the_file

Please note that you need to issue this command on the DN machine.

HTH

Warm Regards,
Tariq
cloudfront.blogspot.com