Posted to user@hama.apache.org by Kostas Xirog <k0...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/30 20:05:56 UTC

Compute function calls

 How does Hama (graph) call the compute function? I've managed to load my
graph into the system the way I want it, all the nodes and the edges and
everything, but I can't figure out how hama calls the compute function...

According to the  Pregel paper, the compute function is called , in the
beginning of the program run, (in superstep 0) and every time that
node receives a message from another node...

Is there something I can read where it will tell me how Hama (graph) works
in the background?

Thanks in Advance
-k

Re: Compute function calls

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Browse GraphJobRunner[1] and ctrl + f '.compute'.

We are the same. 'The compute function is called, in the beginning of
the program run, (in superstep 0) and every time that vertex receives
a message from another vertex'.

> Is there something I can read where it will tell me how Hama (graph) works
> in the background?

Sorry, not yet. Maybe later I'll write up about the internals. :-)

1. http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hama/trunk/graph/src/main/java/org/apache/hama/graph/GraphJobRunner.java

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon