Posted to notifications@jclouds.apache.org by suriyapriya <no...@github.com> on 2014/04/03 05:57:05 UTC

[jclouds-examples] Minor changes to compute-basics after code review (#42)

I fixed all the comments mentioned in the previous PR.
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/34

Thanks,
Suriya
You can merge this Pull Request by running:

  git pull https://github.com/suriyapriya/jclouds-examples master

Or you can view, comment on it, or merge it online at:

  https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/42

-- Commit Summary --

  * Minor changes to compute-basics after code review

-- File Changes --

    M compute-basics/README.md (4)
    M compute-basics/src/main/java/org/jclouds/examples/compute/basics/MainApp.java (25)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/42.patch
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/42.diff

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/42

Re: [jclouds-examples] Minor changes to compute-basics after code review (#42)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
Closed #42.

---

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
Thanks, @suriyapriya! The changes in this PR itself are fine (I've only made one minor comment), but I think there are a couple of other things in the docs we are modifying that you might like to fix too?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/42#issuecomment-39656916

Re: [jclouds-examples] Minor changes to compute-basics after code review (#42)

Posted by suriyapriya <no...@github.com>.
@demobox Fixed the minor comments and squashed the changes.

Thanks,
Suriya

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/42#issuecomment-39679838

Re: [jclouds-examples] Minor changes to compute-basics after code review (#42)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
>        if (action == Action.EXEC && args.length < PARAMETERS + 1)
>           throw new IllegalArgumentException("please quote the command to exec as the last parameter");
>        String command = (action == Action.EXEC) ? args[5] : "echo hello";
>
> -      if (provider.equalsIgnoreCase("google-compute-engine"))
> +      if (isGCEProvider)

[minor] Something like "targetingGCE" or "runningOnGCE" or simply "providerIsGCE"?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/42/files#r11324182

Re: [jclouds-examples] Minor changes to compute-basics after code review (#42)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.

>      java -jar target/compute-basics-jar-with-dependencies.jar provider identity credential mygroup listnodes
>
> -To list the images:  *groupname* parameter is not used
> +To list all images (the *groupname* parameter is not used):
>
>      java -jar target/compute-basics-jar-with-dependencies.jar provider identity credential mygroup listimages

I notice the current [README](https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/blob/master/compute-basics/README.md) says "Google Cloud Engine" when it should probably be "Google Compute Engine"?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/42/files#r11324176

Re: [jclouds-examples] Minor changes to compute-basics after code review (#42)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
Committed to [master](https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=jclouds-examples.git;a=commit;h=5f644baa6b3462633a5aabd52d68ee75ac02f947). Thanks, @suriyapriya!

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/42#issuecomment-39687540

Re: [jclouds-examples] Minor changes to compute-basics after code review (#42)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
>        if (action == Action.EXEC && args.length < PARAMETERS + 1)
>           throw new IllegalArgumentException("please quote the command to exec as the last parameter");
>        String command = (action == Action.EXEC) ? args[5] : "echo hello";
>
> -      if (provider.equalsIgnoreCase("google-compute-engine"))
> +      if (isGCEProvider)
>           credential = getPrivateKeyFromFile(credential); // load the pem file as string

Perhaps the comment could better be "for GCE, the credential parameter is the path to the private key file"?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/42/files#r11324166