Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com> on 2015/11/11 13:54:58 UTC

proposed: google+ hangout

After asking yesterday, there were a few of us interested in having a g+ hangout or similar on Slider topics next week.

Time

For everyone who is interested, what are their available times in their TZ

me: mon &wed,  16:00 GMT to 20:00 GMT; thur 17:00 to GMT

I can also do a morning call for people east of me; say 10:00 GMT+. I'm not good without the first coffee or two

Technology

Google+ hangouts works best if we have the numbers for it, and there's nobody trying to join in from countries which block it. Otherwise, I've got a webex account we can use

Agenda

Open to ideas  here. I can talk for 15-20 minutes on anti-affinity

Begin forwarded message:

From: Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@huawei.com>>
Date: 11 November 2015 at 04:20:22 GMT
To: "dev@slider.incubator.apache.org<ma...@slider.incubator.apache.org>" <de...@slider.incubator.apache.org>>
Subject: RE: Concerning Sentry: A disagreement over the Apache Way and graduation

who would be interested in some video conferences next week? Set a date and we can work out an agenda. I'll gladly talk about where I've been going with anti-affinity  & even show some of the code
+1, I would like to be part of this discussion for sync up even though I am not actively contributing to SLIDER. :-)

@Stev, let me know the time and date.

Thanks & Regards
Rohith Sharma K S

Re: proposed: google+ hangout

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
> On 20 Nov 2015, at 06:42, Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@huawei.com> wrote:
>
> Great to know the summary. I will go through the JIRAs mentioned for more details.
>
> Given the direction, I can spare some time to test affinity feature next week:-)
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Rohith Sharma K S

oh, that will be good.

If you want a catch-up session, you and I could do a g+ hangout in a TZ that suited you -you pull down the slider-with-AA code first and bring it up in your IDE, and I can cover some of the details

RE: proposed: google+ hangout

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.

RE: proposed: google+ hangout

>> After asking yesterday, there were a few of us interested in having a g+ hangout or similar on Slider topics next week.
>>
>> Time
>>
>> For everyone who is interested, what are their available times in their TZ
>>
>> me: mon &wed,  16:00 GMT to 20:00 GMT; thur 17:00 to GMT
>
> In those slots, I can do:
>
> Mon: 18:30 GMT - 20:00 GMT
> Wed:  17:00 GMT - 20:00 GMT
> Thu:  17:00 GMT

Let's make it wednesday, 19:00 GMT puts it in at, what, 11:00 PST

I'll invite some colleagues who want to use the AA code too

webex room: https://hortonworks.webex.com/meet/stevel

Re: proposed: google+ hangout

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.

Re: proposed: google+ hangout