Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de> on 2012/05/05 15:52:01 UTC

[DOWNLOAD] Improvements for the download webpages

Hi all,

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Improvements+for+the+download+webpages

I've created a new Wikipage to collect all the smaller and bigger things
that needs to be done to improvement the webpages for downloading AOO.
It's in general and not only for our first release.

Feel free to add things that should be improved.

Thanks

Marcus

Re: [DOWNLOAD] Improvements for the download webpages

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
Just a quick update on improved DL services. As you can see, Marcus started
this page and I have also made a few additions with some very sketchy ideas
about what we might aim for in the future.

In the meantime, we'll work for some improvements targeting the 3.4.1
incremental.

We certainly welcome anyone who wants to dig into javascript.

We'll continue to work in the download/test directory of the web server.

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 9:07 AM, Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 6:52 AM, Marcus (OOo) <ma...@wtnet.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/**confluence/display/OOOUSERS/**
>> Improvements+for+the+download+**webpages<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Improvements+for+the+download+webpages>
>>
>> I've created a new Wikipage to collect all the smaller and bigger things
>> that needs to be done to improvement the webpages for downloading AOO. It's
>> in general and not only for our first release.
>>
>> Feel free to add things that should be improved.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> Well this is interesting and thanks for doing this. I was thinking of
> starting something similar vis a vis retooling a LOT of this versus what
> we've got. Little flowcharts have been churning in my head! :)  A great
> start...and i hope we can pull in new volunteers to help with this.
>

>> Marcus

> MzK
>
> "Well, life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
>  And life has a funny way of helping you out
>  Helping you out."
>                             -- "Ironic", Alanis Morissette

MzK

 Helping you out."
                            -- "Ironic", Alanis Morissette

Re: [DOWNLOAD] Improvements for the download webpages

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 6:52 AM, Marcus (OOo) <ma...@wtnet.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/**confluence/display/OOOUSERS/**
> Improvements+for+the+download+**webpages<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Improvements+for+the+download+webpages>
>
> I've created a new Wikipage to collect all the smaller and bigger things
> that needs to be done to improvement the webpages for downloading AOO. It's
> in general and not only for our first release.
>
> Feel free to add things that should be improved.
>
> Thanks

Well this is interesting and thanks for doing this. I was thinking of
starting something similar vis a vis retooling a LOT of this versus what
we've got. Little flowcharts have been churning in my head! :)  A great
start...and i hope we can pull in new volunteers to help with this.

> Marcus

MzK

 Helping you out."
                            -- "Ironic", Alanis Morissette