Posted to user@drill.apache.org by David Savage <da...@mac.com> on 2014/11/21 01:22:06 UTC

pipe output to file

Hi,

Is there a way to pipe the output from a drill query to a file? I tried using the record function in sqlline, which says it records output to file, but the file I specify is empty after I run a query.

David

Re: pipe output to file

Posted by Hao Zhu <hz...@maprtech.com>.
0: jdbc:drill:zk=local> !record /tmp/abc.txt

Saving all output to "/tmp/abc.txt". Enter "record" with no arguments to
stop it.

0: jdbc:drill:zk=local> show databases;

+-------------+

| SCHEMA_NAME |

+-------------+

| dfs.default |

| dfs.root    |

| dfs.tmp     |

| cp.default  |

| sys         |

| INFORMATION_SCHEMA |

6 rows selected (0.084 seconds)

0: jdbc:drill:zk=local> !record

Recording stopped.

0: jdbc:drill:zk=local> !quit

Closing: org.apache.drill.jdbc.DrillJdbc41Factory$DrillJdbc41Connection

$ cat /tmp/abc.txt