Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Skip <sk...@thedevers.org> on 2016/07/01 17:52:38 UTC

How do do drop shipments

Drop shipments are a fact of life in many businesses.  In Ofbiz, an order is
invoiced when it is packed for shipment.  However, in the case of drop
shipments, we do not know when the supplier actually ships the product(s).
To avoid errors, I would like to write something to keep track of these drop
shipments so someone can stay on top of it.

I am wondering if any of you face similar problems and if so, how you handle
it.

Thanks in advance

Skip

Re: How do do drop shipments

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Hi Skip,

I currently work on an OFBiz project who manage about 600 orders by days
on drop shipment process.
So no worries to manage the drop shipment with Apache OFBiz ;)

To do this, check the re method on the product. Set it to drop shipment
only and check that you have a supplier product.

When you create a sales order, OFBiz create a OISG by supplier that
cover products and create a purchase order related each sale order line.

When the all related purchase order are completed, the sales order move
to completed and the invoice is generate.

I hope you find the way ;)

Nicolas

Le 01/07/2016 19:52, Skip a crit :