Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> on 2006/09/30 01:40:04 UTC

sneak preview of 10.2.1.6 available

I've posted a preliminary version of 10.2.1.6 so that the structure
experts can find remaining problems with the organization of the release
zips. I will refresh this with a `corrected version after the experts
report back. The sneak preview can be seen at:

http://people.apache.org/~rhillegas/10.2.1.6/

Regards,
-Rick

Re: Re: Re: sneak preview of 10.2.1.6 available

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 9/30/06, Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/30/06, Rick Hillegas <Ri...@sun.com> wrote:
> >
> > The two doc patches didn't appear to have been reviewed or checked into
> > the trunk yet. So I did not apply these.
>
> I intend to review and commit them if there are no problems some time
> this weekend.

Reviewed, committed, and merged the patches mentioned (1683 and 1873) to 10.2.

JIRA still shows 5 open issues. I think the three tracking ones should
now be closed out. I think Laura may still intend to do work based on
the doc reviews, but I think that the two issues tracking that work
should now move out to 10.2.2.

andrew

Re: Re: sneak preview of 10.2.1.6 available

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 9/30/06, Rick Hillegas <Ri...@sun.com> wrote:

> That patch wasn't in the distributions I cut yesterday. Today after
> syncing my client to the head of the 10.2 branch, I tried building with
> the DERBY-1900 patch applied. Unfortunately, it caused the build to
> fail. I documented this in DERBY-1900 and reverted that change.

I was a bit too hasty with my first patch. The functionality I was
looking for is in Ant 1.6.5, I just used the wrong attribute for
tarfilesets. 1900-v2 checked in with 451704/451705.

> I merged DERBY-1858 from the trunk to 10.2.

Thanks.

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> On 9/29/06, Rick Hillegas <Ri...@sun.com> wrote:
>
>> I've posted a preliminary version of 10.2.1.6 so that the structure
>> experts can find remaining problems with the organization of the release
>> zips. I will refresh this with a `corrected version after the experts
>> report back. The sneak preview can be seen at:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~rhillegas/10.2.1.6/
>

> Just curious, did you happen to pick up the change for DERBY-1900
> before building the sneak preview? The permissions on the bin dir
> don't have the execute bit in the -bin zip.

That patch wasn't in the distributions I cut yesterday. Today after
syncing my client to the head of the 10.2 branch, I tried building with
the DERBY-1900 patch applied. Unfortunately, it caused the build to
fail. I documented this in DERBY-1900 and reverted that change.

> Really getting down to nits with this one:
>
> * in -bin, pt_BR HTML Books show up in subdirs per manual in the
> docs/html/pt_BR directory. e.g.
> docs/html/pt_BR/adminguide/pt_BR/adminguide-single.html. This is a
> problem with the doc build for the pt_BR HTML Books. Checked in fix to
> trunk with 451546 and 10.2 doc branch with 451547. *NOTE* be sure to
> remove the out directory in your doc tree before rebuilding the docs
> after picking up this change or the old files in the incorrect
> locations will be left hanging around in their incorrect locations.

> * in -src, in the dir java/demo/toursdb, toursdb.xml and
> toursdb_readme.html are missing. Fix checked in to trunk with revision
> 451458 and 10.2 with revision 451549.
>
> * DERBY-1652 long form release note has incorrect capitalization
> towards the end: "cREATE". Fix checked in with revision 451549.

Thanks for merging these fixes to 10.2.

> I did a thorough scan, and that's all I can find. Decided to just go
> ahead and fix the problems I found while I was at it. Thanks for the
> chance to review this in advance of our real - and hopefully final -
> candidate!
>
> Also, it looks like we have three JIRAs that look like they might be
> last-minute candidates for inclusion for 10.2:
>
> * DERBY-1683, doc update concerning locks and isolation levels.
> * DERBY-1858, already in the trunk, just needs to be merged to the
> 10.2 branch.
> * DERBY-1873, derby1873_3.diff, numerous doc updates to the devguide
> thanks to Laura and Sunitha.
>
> cheers,
> andrew

I merged DERBY-1858 from the trunk to 10.2. The two doc patches didn't
appear to have been reviewed or checked into the trunk yet. So I did not
apply these.

I have regenerated the 10.2.1.6 distributions:
http://people.apache.org/~rhillegas/10.2.1.6/ . If this one looks ok, I
will follow your advice and call a 3 day vote. Thanks again for all of
your help this weekend.

Regards,
-Rick

Re: sneak preview of 10.2.1.6 available