Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Mandviwala, Hasnain" <Ha...@hp.com> on 2002/05/17 02:17:30 UTC

messagerouter returning NoSuchMethodException

Hi,

	I have a simple SOAP messaging client sending a SOAP message to
the messagerouter but I keep getting the following faultstring back:

Exception while handling service request: OrderProcessor.placeOrder
(org.apache.soap.Envelope,  org.apache.soap.rpc.SOAPContext,
org.apache.soap.rpc.SOAPContext) -- no signature match

The stack trace reveals the following exception being thrown:
Java.lang.NoSuchMethodException

Here are the things that I checked (several times, just to be sure!):

1) I made sure that the Class OrderProcessor was in the .jar file that I
was copying into the $(CATALINA_HOME)/common/lib directory (the tomcat
engine was restarted after copying).
2) The class OrderProcessor of coarse does contain the method:
public void placeOrder(Envelope, SOAPContext, SOAPContext)
       throws java.io.IOException, javax.mail.MessaginException;
3) I also made sure that the webservice descriptor for the class
"OrderProcessor" did contain the method "placeOrder" in its list of
methods.

I'm not sure why the webservice is able to locate the class
"OrderProcessor" but fails to find the method "placeOrder". Is there a
class loader problem? Any help/hints would be great. Thank you.

P.s. the version of tomcat is 4.1.0, using soap 2.2

-hasnain