Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by dpravin <pr...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/20 17:33:51 UTC

Blueprint and property placeholder

Hello All,

We have some common properties, not integration/bundle specific. Can
multiple routes/bundles refer to these property files from blueprint using
cm:property-placeholder?

I also found out that if you have set update-strategy="reload" the bundle
get restarted irrespective of the property being used by the bundle. Is this
the default behavior? Is there anything that can help avoid reload/restart
of bundle if the property is not used?

Thanks,
Pravin

Re: Blueprint and property placeholder

Posted by Grzegorz Grzybek <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Please see technical details about property placeholders in Camel/Blueprint
here: http://ggrzybek.blogspot.com/2015/12/camel-blueprint-test-support.html
.

Can multiple routes/bundles refer to these property files from blueprint
> using cm:property-placeholder?

Routes - yes, if they're defined in single blueprint.xml / set of blueprint
XMLs in one bundle.

Bundles - I'm not sure. Bundle alone can have (easy) access to properties
defined in <cm:property-placeholder>. What do you mean?

I also found out that if you have set update-strategy="reload" the bundle
> get restarted irrespective of the property being used by the bundle.

This setting means that if you update give PID (Persistence Identifier) -
any property within this PID, blueprint container containing
<cm:property-placeholder update-strategy="reload"> will be restarted and
all the beans (including camel context, routes, ...) will be recreated with
new values of property placeholders.

The fact that some properties may not be used in your context/route
definition is irrelevant.

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek