Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/01 14:59:02 UTC

Google Plus - Apache Group

Hi,

For our supporters/fans and people who belong in Apache Camel project, I
would like to inform you that we have created a Google Plus community for
Camel (https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/106271384875356488225).
Don't hesitate to send us yours pictures/events and initiate great
discussion

Charles Moulliard

Re: Google Plus - Apache Group

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Charles,

Please change the Google group picture and use our Apache Camel logo
(should be fine IMO) or a neutral camel picture.

Best,
Christian

Sent from a mobile device

Re: Google Plus - Apache Group

Posted by Robert Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: Google Plus - Apache Group

Posted by Robert Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: Google Plus - Apache Group

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Re: Google Plus - Apache Group

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Re: Google Plus - Apache Group

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
I also think this is not acceptable.

Christian

Am 01.02.2013 15:09, schrieb James Carman:
> A picture of a camel with a red hat on with the words "Apache Camel."  Really?
>
> On Feb 1, 2013, at 8:59 AM, Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> For our supporters/fans and people who belong in Apache Camel project, I
>> would like to inform you that we have created a Google Plus community for
>> Camel (https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/106271384875356488225).
>> Don't hesitate to send us yours pictures/events and initiate great
>> discussion
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> Charles Moulliard
>> Apache Committer / Sr. Enterprise Architect (RedHat)
>> Twitter : @cmoulliard | Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

--

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Re: Google Plus - Apache Group

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
Rob, I totally agree with that.

Hadrian

Re: Google Plus - Apache Group

Posted by Robert Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Google Plus - Apache Group

Posted by Robert Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Google Plus - Apache Group

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.

Re: Google Plus - Apache Group

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.

Re: Google Plus - Apache Group

Posted by Robert Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Google Plus - Apache Group

Posted by Robert Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Google Plus - Apache Group

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Re: Google Plus - Apache Group

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Re: Google Plus - Apache Group

Posted by Robert Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
Yeah - probably best Charles doesn't use his profile picture for the Apache Camel group - the Apache Camel logo should be OK.

Re: Google Plus - Apache Group

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Charles to change the logo quickly (to the camel without the red
hat).
>From my point of view, this is fine and I consider this as resolved
(independently whether we use this logo or the official Apache Camel logo).

Best,
Christian

Re: Google Plus - Apache Group

Posted by Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: Google Plus - Apache Group

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: Google Plus - Apache Group

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Perhaps this is an opportunity for improvement.  If anyone does any logo work, why not just check the Gimp files into SVN to that other folks can use it too?

Re: Google Plus - Apache Group

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: Google Plus - Apache Group

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Re: Google Plus - Apache Group

Posted by Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com>.

AW: Google Plus - Apache Group

Posted by "Jan Matèrne (jhm)" <ap...@materne.de>.
Maybe one of these?

Re: Google Plus - Apache Group

Posted by Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com>.
I try to change the picture but camel logo that we have here (
http://camel.apache.org/images/apache-camel-100h.png) is too small. Google
Plus needs a picture of 250x250 pixels.

Remark : You can have a look in the images directory of camel and you will
find great old logo (LogicBlaze, ...) ;-)

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 3:23 PM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Feb 1, 2013, at 9:09 AM, James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>
> wrote:
>
> > A picture of a camel with a red hat on with the words "Apache Camel."
>  Really?
>
> Agreed.   That NEEDS to change.
>

> Dan
>

> > On Feb 1, 2013, at 8:59 AM, Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> For our supporters/fans and people who belong in Apache Camel project, I
> >> would like to inform you that we have created a Google Plus community
> for
> >> Camel (https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/106271384875356488225).
> >> Don't hesitate to send us yours pictures/events and initiate great
> >> discussion
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> --
> >> Charles Moulliard
> >> Apache Committer / Sr. Enterprise Architect (RedHat)
> >> Twitter : @cmoulliard | Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
> >

> --
> Daniel Kulp

Charles Moulliard