Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Suyog Gandhi <sg...@vistaar.com> on 2006/05/25 00:44:22 UTC

Mentioning namespace for the SOAP Message

Can somebody tell me how to set the namespace for the soap message on
server side?
I wrote my java file, created service.xml and deployed the .aar. Please
find atached wsdl file.
I am getting 2 different namesspaces for request and response, due to
which I am getting Data Binding Error on the client side.

SOAP Request: Note the name space for getDimensionNames
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
  <soapenv:Header />
  <soapenv:Body>
    <getDimensionNames
xmlns="http://webs.shared.clemenza.vistaar.com/xsd" />
  </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

SOAP Reply (Upon successful server side execution) : Note the name space
for getDimensioNamesResponse
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
  <soapenv:Header />
  <soapenv:Body>
    <ns:getDimensionNamesResponse
xmlns:ns="http://org.apache.axis2/xsd">
      <return>Part</return>
      <return>Kit</return>
      <return>Customer</return>
      <return>Time</return>
      <return>Sales Type</return>
      <return>Campaign</return>
      <return>Discount Table</return>
      <return>Discount Code</return>
      <return>Currency</return>
      <return>Version</return>
      <return>Engine</return>
      <return>WhatIf</return>
      <return>Measures</return>

Re: Mentioning namespace for the SOAP Message

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Suyog,

I fixed the possible NPE pointed out in your stacktrace. You may try
again with the latest revision. (My fix is in revision 409974)

-- Chinthaka

Posted by Suyog Gandhi <sg...@vistaar.com>.
[...]

	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Posted by Ju...@mro.com.
Suyog,
The WSDL generation has apparently been fixed as per:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-721

Check if this also fixes your original problem of namespace mismatch for
the Response returned from the Web Service invocation.

- Junaid

             "Anne Thomas
             Manes"
             <atmanes@gmail.co                                          To