Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ra...@jpmchase.com on 2006/05/24 23:09:59 UTC

Notifier from command line

Hi All,

I googled lot but never got answere for this

Is this possible to send build notification when we do command line build
in maven like when i run " mvn clean deploy"  from command line , if
something fails / build success it should send a notificaiton to notifiers
specified in pom or some where else???

Is this possible.. Please advise

Thanks,
Raghu

Re: Notifier from command line

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.
note that custom sendmail plugin can only send notification when build
success.

-D

When build fail, maven exists right away wiout

On 5/24/06, Max Cooper <ma...@maxcooper.com> wrote:

> The free Better Builds With Maven book available from Mergere has an
> example plugin that does some kind of email notification. This might
> serve as a good base for your own custom email notification plugin. See
> section 5.4.2 of the book:
> http://www.mergere.com/m2book_download.jsp
>
> -Max
>

> Wayne Fay wrote:
> > You can configure Continuum to only build "on demand" instead of an
> > hourly or daily build, if you want.
> >
> > In short, no, you cannot do what you want with Maven out of the box.
> > You will have to write a plugin to support this or write a shell
> > script to call Maven to do the build and then email the results to you
> > automatically, assuming you are using an operating system that has
> > such tools available.
> >
> > In linux/unix/mac os, this would be as trivial as calling sendmail,
> > qmail, etc from the command line. And there are plenty of command-line
> > email tools on Win32 as well, so you should be able to make this
> > happen on any system you need. But this will require some work on your
> > end.
> >
> > (Most people would use a CI server for this kind of functionality, so
> > I doubt you will see this built into Maven any time soon. Feel free to
> > contribute your plugin back once you have it working though, as
> > email-maven-plugin in Codehaus mojo perhaps.)
> >
> > Wayne
> >
> > On 5/24/06, Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Well it should not be hard to write a plugin using JavaMail since all
> >> the information can already be injected from the pom.

> >> tool

> >> command

> if

Re: Notifier from command line

Posted by ra...@jpmchase.com.
Thanks to u all,

Yeah i'm interested in writing plugin, rather than using it from operating
system notifier,

I will work on this, if i have some successful working notifier from
command line i will share it

Thanks,
Raghu

Max Cooper <ma...@maxcooper.com>
05/24/2006 10:14 PM
Please respond to "Maven Users List"

        To:     Maven Users List <us...@maven.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Notifier from command line

Posted by Max Cooper <ma...@maxcooper.com>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.

<ra...@jpmchase.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply
>
> But i don't want to use any CI tool , coz my builds are based on only
> request and there are some other reason we don't want to use any CI tool
>
> thats why i'm looking for some way to send notification mail from command
> line
>

> Thanks,
> Raghu
>

> "ben short" <be...@benshort.co.uk>
> Sent by: jamin.short@gmail.com
> 05/24/2006 04:34 PM
> Please respond to "Maven Users List"
>
>         To:     "Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>
>         cc:
>         Subject:        Re: Notifier from command line
>

> Maven Continuum can send notifications about the outcome of builds.
>
> But i guess you want to inform people that a new release is available
> and they should update their dependancies or use the -U flag.
>
> On 5/24/06, raghurajan.x.gurunathan@jpmchase.com
> <ra...@jpmchase.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I googled lot but never got answere for this
> >
> > Is this possible to send build notification when we do command line
> build
> > in maven like when i run " mvn clean deploy"  from command line , if
> > something fails / build success it should send a notificaiton to
> notifiers
> > specified in pom or some where else???
> >
> > Is this possible.. Please advise
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Raghu

Re: Notifier from command line

Posted by ra...@jpmchase.com.
Thanks for your reply

But i don't want to use any CI tool , coz my builds are based on only
request and there are some other reason we don't want to use any CI tool

thats why i'm looking for some way to send notification mail from command
line

Thanks,
Raghu

"ben short" <be...@benshort.co.uk>