Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Roland Dreier <ro...@digitalvampire.org> on 2009/03/27 16:44:20 UTC

Missing MultiQuorumResponseHandler in current svn?

Hi, I have an up-to-date svn repository (r759176), and the build fails
with a few errors like:

    [javac] trunk/src/org/apache/cassandra/service/StorageProxy.java:619: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class MultiQuorumResponseHandler
    [javac] location: class org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageProxy
    [javac]     private static MultiQuorumResponseHandler dispatchMessages(Map<String, ReadMessage[]> readMessages, Map<String, Message[]> messages) throws IOException

Perhaps did someone forget to add a file (maybe
src/org/apache/cassandra/service/MultiQuorumResponseHandler.java)
when committing?

Thanks,
  Roland

Re: HintedHandoff

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
Nice catch, Jun.

I created an issue in jira so we don't forget this.

Re: HintedHandoff

Posted by Prashant Malik <pm...@gmail.com>.
The way it is today the hinted rows stay in the app CF but since they are
not large in number or size it should not be an issue.

The reason for this is that deletes does not work yet in cassandra and it
needs to be fixed unless all compactions are run immediately after deleting
hence deletion of
hints themselves works. But this is ofcourse not possible in App CFs.

Also the way we clean up the hinted keys from the app CF and other keys
which can get accumulated over time due to machine splits etc is by running
a Cleanup process
which goes through all the files and throws away unnecessary keys .

Thanks
Prashant

HintedHandoff

Re: Missing MultiQuorumResponseHandler in current svn?

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
I committed a stub until Avinash can commit the real thing.

Posted by Avinash Lakshman <av...@gmail.com>.
Sorry my bad. You should be good to go now.
Avinash

Posted by Avinash Lakshman <av...@gmail.com>.
Let me check.

Posted by Roland Dreier <ro...@digitalvampire.org>.
 > Sorry about the confusion. You should be good now.

Yes, build succeeds now, thanks.

Re: Missing MultiQuorumResponseHandler in current svn?

Posted by Avinash Lakshman <av...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@almaden.ibm.com>.