Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/16 14:57:41 UTC

wicket based e-mail UI

Hi,

Does anyone has developed an open source, easy to adapt, e-mail "client"
UI? Of course, based on wicket.

--
Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro

Re: wicket based e-mail UI

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
we would like to have the basic functionality first but the more get the
better...

Re: wicket based e-mail UI

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Cedric,

Thanks for your answer.

1- I ideally we would like to have something similar to evolution and WEB
based: and in Wicket so it can be seamless integrated with the rest of our
applications.
2- We are using bootstrap. SO, if we develop something it might be
bootstrap based.
3- My boss is a very open source friendly person (he has been commiter of
open source projects himself). So, he might be willing to consider open
sourcing anything we do. He's only concern might be that if this does not
make it into a mayor Wicket project (core or wicket stuff at least) it
might dye.
4- I was thinking about a panel delivering all this functionality... so you
can easily embed it any where. But a little bit brainstorming might be
needed to get requirements approach right. Any insights on that direction
are highly welcomed

Thanks again!

Ernesto

Re: wicket based e-mail UI

Posted by Cedric Gatay <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I don't know such Wicket based application, however it could be a great project if you're willing to start it and OSS it, don't hesitate to tell the world on this mailing list to get some help.

Regards,

On 17 juillet 2013 at 20:06:09, Piratenvisier (hansheinrichbraun@yahoo.de) wrote:

What do you expect ?
Only sending emails to an address.
Managing incoming emails and outgoing emails.
At the moment I am using cocoon for outgoing emails
sending always a copy to my mail account.
I tried this already as a test in wicket because I wanted
to leave cocoon because development slowed down.
But it seams there is a revival of this project so i will have first
a closer look at cocoon 3 before I switch to wicket.
Another possibility is using James.
But I preferred to stay near to the normal Mail clients like Outlook
or iceweasel.

Am 16.07.2013 14:57, schrieb Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone has developed an open source, easy to adapt, e-mail "client"
> UI? Of course, based on wicket.

__
Cedric Gatay (@Cedric_Gatay)
http://code-troopers.com | http://www.bloggure.info | http://cedric.gatay.fr