Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by cy...@almacenes-paris.cl on 2004/06/21 16:52:40 UTC

Tips with groups and roles please

Hi.
I'm building a portal for a huge organization, where the user management
could be a very very time consuming work. Luckily, there isn't the need to
personalize the portal for each user, though the personalization must be
do it at group level.
Well, until here, my first question is,
How can I do configure the psml fallback localization, to find the group
of the user first and not the user itself??

Other thing is that  I want to validate how to design the groups and roles
creation. Let me explain what I did:

The requirement says, explicitly, "we need to personalize the content of
the portal at position level, namely, we must need to create groups of
position, not of users, and assign permission to these groups".
To solve this, I take the decision to assign only one role to each user,
wich represents the position on the organization. And create groups of
roles.
Using the design of jetspeed, each user has a list of "grouproles", where
each grouprole has the same "role" object, but a different "group" object.

Second question. Is this a good solution to the problem?, Could anybody
give me tips on the direction to follow, please??

To finish, the common content to whole users must need to be configured at
group level, because each user must see, at least, the same basic content
after the login.

Thank you very much!!!

Re: Tips with groups and roles please

Posted by cy...@almacenes-paris.cl.
please, help with this.
Thanks!

cyaconi@almacenes-paris.cl
21-06-2004 11:29
Por favor, responda a
"Jetspeed Users List" <je...@jakarta.apache.org>

Para
"Jetspeed Users List" <je...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc
jetspeed-user@jakarta.apache.org
Asunto
Re: Tips with groups and roles please

Trying to solve the problem, I found this code on the
JetspeedProfilerService.fallbackProfile(RunData data, CapabilityMap cm):

//  Is it a group, role, or user resource?
//  It can only be one
String param = rundata.getParameters().getString( Profiler.PARAM_GROUP );

For me, always the param is a user. How can I change this to have the
group of the user instead??

Thank you!.

cyaconi@almacenes-paris.cl
21-06-2004 10:52