Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Donal Regan <do...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2006/02/15 02:31:28 UTC

[users@httpd] Unable to create scoreboard (anonymous shared memory failure) when restarting Apache/2.0.52

Hello,

I'd be grateful if someone could help with the
following.

I had to do a hard reboot of my redhat 9 box and now I
can't restart  Apache/2.0.52. It's supposed to start
up automatically after reboot anyway but the error log
contains the following.

[Tue Feb 14 16:01:09 2006] [warn] module jk_module is
already loaded, skipping
[Tue Feb 14 16:01:09 2006] [warn] pid file
/usr/local/apache2/logs/httpd.pid overwritten --
Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?
[Tue Feb 14 16:01:09 2006] [crit] (12)Cannot allocate
memory: Unable to create scoreboard (anonymous shared
memory failure)

During reboot I had to do a manual fsck. (Does this
mean that my apache install could be corrupted?)

>From googling around I gather that apache thinks
there's another instance running somewhere.

I came across
http://hacksaw.ca/2004/12/failure-restarting-apache-http-server.html

and tried doing

ipcs -m -p

but nothing is listed.

I uncommented  the
#ScoreBoardFile logs/apache_runtime_status

line in httpd.conf, deleted logs/httpd.pid and tried
to restart but to no avail.

I stopped Tomcat and commented out the following in my
httpd.conf file and tried to restart but this didn't
work either.

#LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so
#JkWorkersFile
/usr/local/apache2/conf/workers.properties
#JkLogFile /usr/local/apache2/logs/mod_jk.log
#JkLogLevel info
#JkLogStampFormat "[%a %b %d NaVM:%S %Y]"
#Include
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf

I'm at a loss, any pointers would be appreciated.

Cheers,

D.