Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Gonzalez-Castillo, Javier" <Ja...@hplb.hpl.hp.com> on 2000/11/10 13:03:04 UTC

Making the examples work

i`ve downloaded the jakarta-tomcat software and also the soap-2_0
distribution.I`ve read all the documentation and i`ve tried to make work the
stockquote and the addressbook example, but i`m not able to do it. I`ve
configured the tomcat.bat and the server.xml files as it`s said in the
instalation guide, but when I start the tomcat server and I use my browser
with the URL http://localhost:8090/soap I think it`s supposed to take me to
the deployment pages or anything like that, but it only take to a page where
it says the directory is empty.

	I know I may look very lost, so any help would be very apreciated.

	Thank you, Javier.

Re: Making the examples work

Posted by Bill Pfeiffer <ws...@tampabay.rr.com>.
Javier,

Did you check that Tomcat by itself is working?  I would start there.  Once
you've got tomcat working, you should create a 'soap' directory under the
'webapps' dir where Tomcat is installed. Copy the contents of the xml-soap
webapps dir into this new 'soap' dir under Tomcat.

That should get you started.

Other quick tips to get the sample running:

* Make sure the Xerces.jar is the first jar in your classpath for Tomcat
* Use the command line to deploy the services.  Here is the how-to text from
another posting on how to deploy from the command line:

"java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient <your-soap-URL> deploy
DeploymentDescriptor.xml"

"The ServiceManagerClient also has commands UNDEPLOY, LIST, and QUERY.
Very useful in a little script."

Good luck,

Bill Pfeiffer

Re: Making the examples work