Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by yo...@darkmag.net on 2007/04/11 16:28:22 UTC

request.getPreferences() : access denied with Jetspeed 2.1

Hi,

I've installed Jetspeed 2.1 on my windows xp box for developing purpose
and I don't know exactly why, my portlets do not work, whereas there were
no problem with Jetspeed 2.0.

The tracestack shows that it always throws an exception when trying to get
user's preferences. It returns : java.security.AccessControlException:
access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission preferences) (preferences is
(supposted to be) a PortletPreferences instance).

I'm logged as admin, and haven't set any particular right or constraint on
the portlet ; i've just dropped the WAR file in the WEB-INF/deploy folder.
Btw, it works well on WPS 5.1 and Jetspeed 2.0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Olivier BOISSIN.

Re: request.getPreferences() : access denied with Jetspeed 2.1

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Apr 11, 2007, at 7:28 AM, yogi-ml@darkmag.net wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've installed Jetspeed 2.1 on my windows xp box for developing
> purpose
> and I don't know exactly why, my portlets do not work, whereas
> there were
> no problem with Jetspeed 2.0.
>
> The tracestack shows that it always throws an exception when trying
> to get
> user's preferences. It returns : java.security.AccessControlException:
> access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission preferences)
> (preferences is
> (supposted to be) a PortletPreferences instance).
>
> I'm logged as admin, and haven't set any particular right or
> constraint on
> the portlet ; i've just dropped the WAR file in the WEB-INF/deploy
> folder.
> Btw, it works well on WPS 5.1 and Jetspeed 2.0.

Sounds like you could be running with a security policy enabled that
restricts access to preferences
Suggest looking into your security policy settings

Re: request.getPreferences() : access denied with Jetspeed 2.1

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Apr 11, 2007, at 8:51 AM, yogi-ml@darkmag.net wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I just figured out that launching startup.bat instead of
> startJetspeed.bat
> just solves the problem.
>
> Well well well.. Anyway, thanks.

Right, startJetspeed.bat starts up with security, using your active
security policy, whereas startup.bat does not

catalina jpda start -security

Re: request.getPreferences() : access denied with Jetspeed 2.1

Posted by yo...@darkmag.net.