Posted to user@aurora.apache.org by Mauricio Garavaglia <ma...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/29 19:54:04 UTC

Aurora taking really long to reschedule a full cluster

Hello!

Recently, running some reliability tests, we restarted all the nodes in a
cluster of ~300 hosts and 3k tasks. Aurora took about 1hour to reschedule
everything, we have a change of leader in the middle of the scheduling and
that slowed it down even more. So we started looking which aurora
parameters needed more tuning.

The value of max_tasks_per_schedule_attempt is set to the default now, that
probably needs to be increased, is there a rule of thumb to tune it based
on cluster size, # of jobs, # of frameworks, etc?

Regarding the JVM, we are running it with Xmx=24G; so far we haven't seen
pressure there.

Any input on where to look at would be really appreciated :)

Mauricio

Re: Aurora taking really long to reschedule a full cluster

Posted by David McLaughlin <dm...@apache.org>.
You should not need to adjust max_schedule_attempts_per_sec as it defaults
to 40. Which should give you pretty close to 2400 schedule attempts per
minute. (Our max is set to 30 and in our scale tests we hit 1800 tasks
scheduled per minute pretty consistently).

Can you provide more info on how you are scheduling? Are you scheduling
from scratch (using job create or update start?) How many job keys?

Posted by Mauricio Garavaglia <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.