Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Paul Johnson <pd...@purplelogic.net> on 2002/03/15 10:45:13 UTC

Visual Xalan Debugger

At 03:29 12/03/02, you wrote:

>If you're interested in software tools, a cool project would be a visual
>debugger for Xalan!
>
>Dave

Not that I can promise anything at the moment Dave (though I'd like to be
in a position to give something back), but is there an existing wish list
of features for a visual Xalan debugger? For instance:-

- Should it be multi-platform?
- Is there already overwhelming support for a particular XML/Xalan-capable
editor environment (eg emacs) or would a simple browser-based debugger (if
that's practical?) be more flexible?
- Does the Xalan-J project require one too?
- What about Xerces for debugging invalid XML?
- Are there already any XML editing environments preferred by/under
development within the Apache XML Projects?
- Do we know/like any existing open source XSLT debuggers?

Any other ideas? May as well at least get an idea of what people would
want, there is no harm in that right?!

Regards
Paul J