Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Hari Kodungallur <hk...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/11 00:54:32 UTC

svn update/svn status

Hi,

When I do "svn update" or "svn status" on a single file, it seems to
take a long time to complete the command. The time taken seems to be
related to the size of the directory. That is if I am doing an "svn
update" on a single file at the top of my repository tree, it takes
really long time to update that one file. But if that file is deep
down in my tree, it completes faster. I have tried using the -N
option, but it does not make any difference.
Is there a way to speed this process up?

Thanks much!
-Hari