Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Mendez, Raymond" <Ra...@dell.com> on 2022/05/11 14:50:19 UTC

limiting artemis's disk usage

Apparently activemq has a storeUsage property that can limit the broker disk usage in some unit, gb, mb, etc. (https://activemq.apache.org/producer-flow-control#system-usage) Is there an equivalent to this in the artemis release? I've tried leveraging max-disk-usage, but noticed that it's a percentage of disk usage for the entire filesystem, not just the broker. Ideally, I'd like to limit it in terms of MB if possible. Is the only option to know up front all the addresses there will be and limit them with max-size-bytes via config?

Thanks all,

Ray

Internal Use - Confidential

RE: limiting artemis's disk usage

Posted by "Mendez, Raymond" <Ra...@dell.com>.
Thanks, Justin! Is limiting disk usage this way planned in the future by any chance? Would a PR for this be considered or is there a reason to not do this?

Thanks again,
Ray

Internal Use - Confidential

Right now the max-disk-usage parameter is the only one which can be used to induce flow control and limit disk usage. Parameters like max-size-bytes, max-size-messages, global-max-size, global-max-messages, etc. operate on data *in memory* not necessarily data on disk (although there may be a correlation between those two in certain use-cases).

Justin

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.