Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Marcel Triller <ma...@web.de> on 2007/05/18 08:21:09 UTC

Howto print an XMLCh* without trancsode

Hi there,

i wrote an application on WinXP that prints XMLCh* from a DOMTree by using MSVC and printf ("%S", xmlstr); That works fine.
Do you have any idea how i can Do this with gcc on an 64bit Linux/Solaris? I am looking for a solution without calling XMLString::transcode/XMLString::release for every output...

regards
Marcel

Re: Howto print an XMLCh* without trancsode

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
Marcel Triller wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> i wrote an application on WinXP that prints XMLCh* from a DOMTree by using MSVC and printf ("%S", xmlstr); That works fine.
> Do you have any idea how i can Do this with gcc on an 64bit Linux/Solaris? I am looking for a solution without calling XMLString::transcode/XMLString::release for every output...

The reason you can do that on Windows XP is because the operating system
uses UTF-16 as its wide character type.  Neither Linux nor Solaris support
UTF-16 in this manner.

Dave