Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by darniz <rn...@edmunds.com> on 2009/09/11 02:51:53 UTC

Using EnglishPorterFilterFactory in code

hello
i have a task where my user is giving me 20 words of english dictionary and
i have to run a program and generate a report with all stemmed words.

I have to use EnglishPorterFilterFactory and SnowballPorterFilterFactory to
check which one is faster and gets the best results

Should i write a java module and use the library which comes with solr.
is there any code snipped which i can use

Is there any utiltiy which solr provides.

If i can get a faint idea of how to do it is to create EnglishPorterFilter
from EnglishPorterFilterFactory by passing a tokenizer etc...

i will appreciate if some one can give me a hint on this.

thanks
darniz

Re: Using EnglishPorterFilterFactory in code

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 6:21 AM, darniz <rn...@edmunds.com> wrote:

> hello
> i have a task where my user is giving me 20 words of english dictionary and
> i have to run a program and generate a report with all stemmed words.
>
> I have to use EnglishPorterFilterFactory and SnowballPorterFilterFactory to
> check which one is faster and gets the best results

The EnglishPorterFilter is deprecated. It just creates the same stemmer as
SnowballPorterFilter with language specified as english. Since you will end
up creating the same class, there won't be a difference in performance.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.