Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by cschlaefcke <cs...@wms-network.de> on 2008/08/20 17:25:49 UTC

Extension Interfaces not working with Maven2?

Hi Folks,

I need to enhance the generated code of XmlBeans with some custom behaviour
(persistence) and detected the Extension Interface feature of XmlBeans. A
added the desired configuration to my xsdconfig file like mentioned in the
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlbeans/ExtensionInterfacesFeature wiki :

<xb:extension for="myPackage.CategoryDocument">
  <xb:interface name="myPackage.xsd.PersistentXmlObject">
    <xb:staticHandler>myPackage.PersistentXmlCategory</xb:staticHandler>
  </xb:extension>
</xb:interface>

But all I get is this error stack:
xml ErrorLoading schema file ..\src\main\resources\xsd\abstract.xsd
xml ErrorLoading schema file ..\src\main\resources\xsd\attributes.xsd
xml ErrorLoading schema file ..\src\main\resources\xsd\bundles.xsd
xml ErrorLoading schema file ..\src\main\resources\xsd\categories.xsd
xml ErrorLoading schema file ..\src\main\resources\xsd\general.xsd
xml ErrorLoading schema file ..\src\main\resources\xsd\media_objects.xsd
xml ErrorLoading schema file ..\src\main\resources\xsd\promo_items.xsd
xml ErrorLoading schema file ..\src\main\resources\xsd\shopping_sites.xsd
xml ErrorLoading schema file ..\src\main\resources\xsd\styles.xsd
xml ErrorLoading schema file ..\src\main\resources\xsd\variations.xsd
xml ErrorLoading config file ..\src\main\resources\xsdconfig\tools.xsdconfig
xml Error ..\src\main\resources\xsdconfig\tools.xsdconfig:10:9: error:
Interface 'myPackage.PersistentXmlObject' not found.
xml Error ..\src\main\resources\xsdconfig\tools.xsdconfig:10:9: error:
Interface 'myPackage.PersistentXmlCategory' not found.

The mentioned interfaces are sitting properly in the classpath of the
project. Is there anything else I have to care for?

I already searched google and this mailing list with no luck :-(

Thank for any help!

Regards,

Christian

Re: Extension Interfaces not working with Maven2?

Posted by cschlaefcke <cs...@wms-network.de>.
Hi Folks,

okay, got it...

It´s a hen and egg problem (also described in the wiki) and the solution was
moving the interfaces out of the project so they could be built before
xmlbeans task is running.

Never mind...

Regards,

Chris