Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Chris Burroughs <ch...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/04 21:44:13 UTC

ApacheCon meetup?

ApacheCon NA is coming up next month.  I suspect there will be at least
a few Cassandra users there (yeah new release!).  Would anyone be
interested in getting together and sharing some stories?  This could
either be a "official" [1] meetup.  Or grabbing food together sometime.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ApacheMeetupsNa11

Re: ApacheCon meetup?

Posted by Chris Burroughs <ch...@gmail.com>.
On 10/11/2011 12:05 PM, Eric Evans wrote:
> Let's do it.  We can organize an official one, and still grab food
> together if that's not enough. :)

Great!  Thanks for putting this together.

Re: ApacheCon meetup?

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@acunu.com>.
On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 11:05 AM, Eric Evans <ee...@acunu.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Chris Burroughs
> <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ApacheCon NA is coming up next month.  I suspect there will be at least
>> a few Cassandra users there (yeah new release!).  Would anyone be
>> interested in getting together and sharing some stories?  This could
>> either be a "official" [1] meetup.  Or grabbing food together sometime.
>
> Let's do it.  We can organize an official one, and still grab food
> together if that's not enough. :)
>
> I created a wiki page to get things started:
> http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Meetup_ApacheConNA2011
>
> If you have ideas for what to do (aside from drinking beer and
> chatting with fellow Cassandrites), please update the page (maybe a
> short presentation on what's new in 1.0?).

To update this:

The meetup will be on November 10th from 8-10pm at the The Westin
Bayshore Vancouver, (1601 Bayshore Drive, Vancouver, Canada).

It is FREE to the public, and BEER will be served.

Please tell your friends. :)

See you there!

--
Eric Evans
Acunu | http://www.acunu.com | @acunu

Re: ApacheCon meetup?

Posted by Jake Luciani <ja...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good. I'll be giving a talk there about Cassandra 1.0

http://na11.apachecon.com/talks/19500

http://twitter.com/tjake

Re: ApacheCon meetup?

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@acunu.com>.