Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si> on 2012/11/27 10:35:39 UTC

Patch: Bloodhound section added to About page

As my commiter account has not come through yet I am posting a patch for
someone to commit.
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/attachment/ticket/265/ticket265_r1412556_WhitelabelingAboutPage.diff

I have added a Bloodhound section to the about page.
Bloodhound name is configurable (whitelabling) from base.ini/trac.ini

Content is taken from http://incubator.apache.org/bloodhound/ if anybody
has a better text...

Should we remove the Trac section from About page or leave it in?

Peter

Re: Patch: Bloodhound section added to About page

Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>.
Peter,

Thanks.. pretty happy with that. I might take out a bit of excess
white-space when I commit. And I think someone pointed out a while ago
that the DOCTYPE is meant to be above the comment. We almost certainly
have other examples of that in other templates so I will raise a ticket
to fix others.

I'll probably go into more detail about the code standards in a
different thread at some point but, for now I will just point out that
we follow PEP8: http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008

As for whether to include the Trac section in the About page.. at the
moment I could see it staying. However, if we do that then we are only
white-labelling our own efforts and the text associated with the
application name might not match what is intended. Might it be better
allow white-labelling here to add a section above our About Bloodhound
section with the title, and a description?

If that seems good, I would probably go with enhancing the page in a new
ticket as I think you have achieved the goals of #265.

Cheers,
     Gary

Posted by Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si>.