Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by membersound <me...@web.de> on 2012/10/30 10:28:14 UTC

Only update specific table zone on delete of object?

I want to delete an object within a table grid, and after that only update
the table itself, but not the rest of the page.

UserPage.tml:
 Heading

<t:zone t:id="outer">
	<t:grid...
		<t:eventLink event="delete" context="user.id"
zone="outer">DEL<t:eventLink>
	</t:grid>
</t:zone>

<other content...>

UserPage (excerpt):

@InjectComponent
Zone outer;

onDelete(long id) {
	dao.delete(id);
	return outer.getBody();
}

Result:
org.apache.tapestry5.runtime.ComponentEventException
Render queue error in SetupRender[UserPage:grid.columns]: Bean editor model
for User already contains a property model for property 'action'.

Re: Only update specific table zone on delete of object?

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
If you explicitly set the (clientside) id, tapestry will not auto-generate
one.
eg <t:zone t:id="foo" id="foo">

Re: Only update specific table zone on delete of object?

Posted by membersound <me...@web.de>.
I'm not getting this error anymore, though I don't know what is different
now.
Anyhow, the zone update is not working.

Now I'm getting a red tapestry notification which points me to inner zones
like:
> Could not find zone element 'showRoom' to update on click of element
> 'eventlink_4_13ab23fef82'.

<t:zone t:id="outer">
        <t:grid... add="action">
                <t:eventLink event="delete" context="user.id"
zone="outer">DEL<t:eventLink>#
        </t:grid>
	<t:zone t:id="showRoom">
	..
	</t:zone>
</t:zone>

So it seems that a zone update by an eventlink for an outer zone messes up
inner zones. How could I avoid this?

Re: Only update specific table zone on delete of object?

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 07:28:14 -0200, membersound <me...@web.de> wrote:

> Result:
> org.apache.tapestry5.runtime.ComponentEventException
> Render queue error in SetupRender[UserPage:grid.columns]: Bean editor
> model for User already contains a property model for property 'action'.

Full stack trace and code that creates the BeanModel please.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo