Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/03 23:35:36 UTC

Geronimo v2.1 documentation status

Hi All,
I'm normally the one making the requests for contributions to the doc, asking for your help and usually not too happy with the content we end up having.

Well, today it's a totally different scenario. I wanted to truly thank all of you contributing to the project's documentation. There is a great deal of documents being created/updated daily, to the point where it's hard to catch up with the updates. Ain't that great !? ;-)

In fact, given the volume and that we are not using JIRA for tracking docs ( and no, that was not a proposal ;-) ), we had to come up with some alternative ways to keep track of what we do so we don't overlap. We implemented a few tables on the 2.1 doc itself for identifying content being moved from 2.0 as well as what new content was being developed. We have another table on the Dev space that give us a perspective of what topics we have been covering throughout all Geronimo releases.

We are not quite out of the bushes yet but, oh boy, we did come a very long way from 2.0 doc and I wanted to take a min and thank everybody working on the doc.

    http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/ is truly a community effort. Great work everyone, lets keep it coming!

And as usual comments, ideas and more contributions are very welcome !!! ( I couldn't resist ;-) )

Cheers!
Hernan

Re: Geronimo v2.1 documentation status

Posted by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com>.
:-) Good news.

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 4:05 AM, Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I'm normally the one making the requests for contributions to the doc,
> asking for your help and usually not too happy with the content we end up
> having.
>
> Well, today it's a totally different scenario. I wanted to truly thank all
> of you contributing to the project's documentation. There is a great deal of
> documents being created/updated daily, to the point where it's hard to catch
> up with the updates. Ain't that great !? ;-)
>
> In fact, given the volume and that we are not using JIRA for tracking docs
> ( and no, that was not a proposal ;-) ), we had to come up with some
> alternative ways to keep track of what we do so we don't overlap. We
> implemented a few tables on the 2.1 doc itself for identifying content
> being moved from 2.0 as well as what new content was being developed. We
> have another table on the Dev space that give us a perspective of what
> topics we have been covering throughout all Geronimo releases.
>
> We are not quite out of the bushes yet but, oh boy, we did come a very
> long way from 2.0 doc and I wanted to take a min and thank everybody
> working on the doc.
>
>    http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/ is truly a community effort. Great
> work everyone, lets keep it coming!
>
> And as usual comments, ideas and more contributions are very welcome !!! (
> I couldn't resist ;-) )
>
> Cheers!
> Hernan

Shiva