Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Ganesh Muthuraman <mg...@outlook.com> on 2015/05/14 06:29:59 UTC

Running Drill with Amazon IAM role

I am trying to run drill for exploring data on a data lake setup on Amazon S3. I have an option of assigning an IAM role to an EC2 instance on AWS and am able to restrict access to the S3 bucket based on the role privileges. If I want to run drill as part of that EC2 instance, how can I have drill 'assume' the role that is assigned to that instance instead of using the access ID and secret key from the core-site.xml file?
The intent is to enable access restrictions based on an IAM role while exploring the data on S3.
-Ganesh