Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org> on 2011/10/12 12:08:29 UTC

[Math] Remove methods from "MathUtils"

Hello.

I propose to remove the following methods from "MathUtils":

  public static double sign(final double x)
  public static float sign(final float x)
  public static double sinh(double x)
  public static double cosh(double x)

Also, "sign" and "indicator" functions seem redundant (and the "float" and
"double" versions are not dealing correctly with -0.0).

Regards,
Gilles

Re: [Math] Remove methods from "MathUtils"

Posted by Sébastien Brisard <se...@m4x.org>.

> +1. These methods have been superseded by methods in FastMath.
>
> Luc

+1 (the implementation of sinh is probably not very accurate near 0).
Sébastien

Re: [Math] Remove methods from "MathUtils"

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.