Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leif Mortenson <le...@silveregg.co.jp> on 2001/12/12 11:34:51 UTC

File attachments in list.

Sorry, Off topic.

I have tried sending a couple posts over the last few days with file
attachments. In both cases, the files in the mail that I get back from
the list are munged. But the mail that I get by cc-ing myself is fine.

Anyone have any ideas of what I might be doing wrong? I'm using Netscape 6.2

Thanks,
Leif

Re: File attachments in list.

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 13 Dec 2001 13:05, Leif Mortenson wrote:
> Your email looked about like mine.  The first file is ok, but I also got
> a second attachment called Part 1.3 that contains the unsubscribe message.

yep. I think thats just the way your client handles multi-part mime messages.
Just make sure that whenever you attach a file that it's mime-type is not
text/html or text/x-html - your mail client *should* popup a dialog box or
make it possible to change the attachment type.

> Did you get the new DaemonLauncher and associated files that I sent
> yesterday?  I had CCed them to your address as well so they would get
> through.

yep. Won't get a chance to look at them till the weekend though ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete

Re: File attachments in list.

Posted by Leif Mortenson <le...@silveregg.co.jp>.
Your email looked about like mine.  The first file is ok, but I also got
a second attachment called Part 1.3 that contains the unsubscribe message.

Just good to know.

Re: File attachments in list.

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 12 Dec 2001 21:34, Leif Mortenson wrote:
> Sorry, Off topic.
>
> I have tried sending a couple posts over the last few days with file
> attachments. In both cases, the files in the mail that I get back from
> the list are munged. But the mail that I get by cc-ing myself is fine.
>
> Anyone have any ideas of what I might be doing wrong? I'm using Netscape
> 6.2

The list filters out all HTML attachments. I have attached a java file to
this mail to see if it gets through. If it does get through then I suspect
your mail client may be setting the mime type incorrectly but if it doesn't
get through then the list may be setup wrong.

Testing, 1 2 3....

--
Cheers,

Pete

|  I thought there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence.  |
|      There's a knob called "brightness", but it doesn't work.       |