Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by David Philip <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/02 13:27:09 UTC

Why is that few http sites doesn't get crawled.

Hi,

   This should be naive question. Apologies for that.

I was trying to crawl the quora Q and A site. The seed file with these two
urls http://www.quora.com/Data-Visualization/
http://www.quora.com/

But the crawl didn't pick any of these pages. Why?

While I give "http://nutch.apache.org/", this site gets crawled.

Note that I have not put any restriction in regex filter. It is +.

Thanks - David

Re: Why is that few http sites doesn't get crawled.

Posted by John Lafitte <jl...@brandextract.com>.
It looks like Quora only allows some specific crawlers:
http://www.quora.com/robots.txt

nutch.apache.org doesn't have a robots.txt

Posted by Bin Wang <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,