Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Co...@emc.com on 2005/09/27 17:12:24 UTC

RE: After Axis install Apache fails to start

Hello,

I have the EXACT same issue as Thushantha who originally posted this.

I am running this version of Apache

C:\>apache -v

Server version: Apache/2.0.54

Server built:   Apr 16 2005 14:25:31

I too added following lines to the end of the httpd.conf file.

LoadModule axis_module modules/mod_axis2.dll

<Location /axis>

SetHandler axis

</Location>

axiscpp.conf file as follows,

LogPath:C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\Axis\logs\AxisLog.txt

WSDDFilePath:C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\axis\conf\server.wsdd

XMLParser:C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\Axis\lib\XMLParser.dll

Transport_http:C:\Program\Files\Apacheroup\Apache2Axis\lib\HTTPTransport.dll

Channel_HTTP:C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\Axis\lib\HTTPChannel.dll

When I look at the event log I have the following error:

"The Apache service named  reported the following error:

>>> Syntax error on line 956 of C:/Program Files/Apache

Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:     .

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp
<http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp>

<http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp
<http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp> > > ."

Well turns out when I look up line 956 it's this line:

LoadModule axis_module modules/mod_axis2.dll

Upon further investigation I have found that the 'axis_module' part of the
line is what is causing the syntax error, any ideas????

If I remove this line Apache starts and runs ok, but Axis is dead, of

course,

Can some one help me as well on this issue?

Thank you,

John D. Cooper

Principal Software Eng.

Re: After Axis install Apache fails to start

Posted by Parthipan <lp...@gmail.com>.
Can you load the mod_axis2.dll into the dependency walker (Visual
Studio Tools) and see if all dependent libraries are loadable?

--
http://www.linux.lk/~lparth/

Re: After Axis install Apache fails to start

Posted by Sreevani M S <sr...@meritsystems.com>.
There will be directory called logs change this to log
might be this may help you

Sreevani