Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by N L <op...@yahoo.fr> on 2006/03/23 15:10:45 UTC

mod_perl installation problem

Hello ,
I am working on Mac Osx Tiger, I installed automaticly
 a package including apache2 , php5, MySQL4, and
phpMyAdmin it is really clean and it is working fine
but now I want to install with this the mod_perl
module I saw one is able to install dynamic mod_perl
if apache is already installed. So I download
mod_perl2 toinstalle it properly manually:
As it is explained in the installation  documentation
I write on Xterm the command: perl Makefile.PL
MP_AP_PREFIX="path to apache2 directory" (because all
file are in the same directory). It was fine ; After I
wanted to do a "make test" and I get this error
message :
waiting 120 seconds for server to start: .Syntax error
on line 172 of
/Users/lineneildelbosc/.cpan/build/mod_perl-2.0.2/t/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so into
server: Library not loaded:
/usr/local/lib/libxml2.2.dylib\n  Referenced from:
/usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so\n  Reason: image
not found
waiting 120 seconds for server to start: not ok
[  error] giving up after 121 secs. If you think that
your system
is slow or overloaded try again with a longer timeout
value.
by setting the environment variable
APACHE_TEST_STARTUP_TIMEOUT
to a high value (e.g. 420) and repeat the last
command.

[  error] server failed to start! (t/logs/error_log
wasn't created, start the server in the debug mode)
| Please file a bug report:
http://perl.apache.org/bugs/ |
make: *** [run_tests] Error 1

Is there somebody understanding what is happening and
what it means?

Thanks in advance

ln

Re: mod_perl installation problem

Posted by Jonathan Vanasco <jo...@2xlp.com>.
On Mar 23, 2006, at 9:10 AM, N L wrote:

> I write on Xterm the command: perl Makefile.PL
> MP_AP_PREFIX="path to apache2 directory" (because all
> file are in the same directory). It was fine ; After I
> wanted to do a "make test" and I get this error
> message :
> waiting 120 seconds for server to start: .Syntax error
> on line 172 of
> /Users/lineneildelbosc/.cpan/build/mod_perl-2.0.2/t/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so into
> server: Library not loaded:
> /usr/local/lib/libxml2.2.dylib\n  Referenced from:
> /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so\n  Reason: image

what directory did your multi-item package install things into?

did you type in:
	MP_AP_PREFIX="path to apache2 directory"
it should be something like
	MP_AP_PREFIX=/usr/local/apache2/

the message is saying that modperl/apache is looking for libphp in  /
usr/local/apache2/ -- ie: that is the root of the apache install, but
its not finding it.  thats probably because your system installed it
elsewhere - you need to pass that line in.  its also looking for
libxml2.2.dylib in /usr/local/lib/, where it wasn't intstalled as well.

i'm kind of perplexed that you were able to make this , and it failed
on the test.  it seems like you compiled it against apache right, but
set an odd basedir?

i think libapreq has bug where it uses the wrong apache  root for
make test on osx - maybe this is a variant of that?