Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by EP...@upstate.com on 2002/08/20 21:00:39 UTC

Trying to set Related Torque Object to Null Fails

Hi all,

I am using Torque 3 beta 2, and I have an object Replicate which has a
ReworkReplicate that is related to it.  I want to set the ReworkReplicate to
null and save it, but I keep getting errors to the tune of:

javac.compile:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file to C:\kinaseprofiler\target\classes
    [javac]
C:\kinaseprofiler\src\java\com\upstate\kinaseprofiler\torque\db\om\D
aughterboard.java:182:
setReplicateRelatedByReworkReplicateId(com.upstate.kinase
profiler.torque.db.om.Replicate) in
com.upstate.kinaseprofiler.torque.db.om.Base
Replicate cannot be applied to (org.apache.torque.om.NumberKey)
    [javac]
replicate.setReplicateRelatedByReworkRep
licateId( o );
    [javac]                                          ^
    [javac] 1 error

Or I get null value errors..

How should I set to null a related torque object?  I can delete it in the
database, but I also need to first set all the references to it to null to
prevent forign key contraint errors...

Eric