Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by cpanon <cp...@yahoo.com> on 2009/12/23 02:15:07 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache config

Hello
I have a Apache2.054 system that was working perfectly with https for months.  I was able to see the specific secured page, it was loading my certificate file, excellent.  All of a sudden, with no change in the configuration, really, it is no longer listening on 443.  I have the log as recently as yesterday with it starting up and showing listening on 443 and 80.  Now just listening on 80.  I updated the drivers on the nics, both Intel Pro, rebooted, clicked my heels.  Nothing.  Has anyone had such a drastic change with it still working over 80?  I will change the NIC, but done believe the problem could be that specific.  All ideas welcomed.  tia.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache config

Posted by Vincent Jong <me...@gmail.com>.
if you've restarted apache recently, apache 2.0.54 requires the use of
startssl to start up apache.

ie. [ /foo ]# apachectl startssl

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 8:23 PM, Devraj Mukherjee <de...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Provide us some more information please.
>
> - What OS are you using?
> - If Linux can you do something like a netstat --listen and see if 443
> is being used.
> - Change in firewall configuration
>
> On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 12:15 PM, cpanon <cp...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello
> > I have a Apache2.054 system that was working perfectly with https for
> months.  I was able to see the specific secured page, it was loading my
> certificate file, excellent.  All of a sudden, with no change in the
> configuration, really, it is no longer listening on 443.  I have the log as
> recently as yesterday with it starting up and showing listening on 443 and
> 80.  Now just listening on 80..  I updated the drivers on the nics, both
> Intel Pro, rebooted, clicked my heels.  Nothing.  Has anyone had such a
> drastic change with it still working over 80?  I will change the NIC, but
> done believe the problem could be that specific.  All ideas welcomed.  tia.
>

> --
> "The secret impresses no-one, the trick you use it for is everything"
> - Alfred Borden (The Prestiege)

If there's anything more important than my ego
around, I want it caught and shot now...

Re: [users@httpd] Apache config

Posted by Devraj Mukherjee <de...@gmail.com>.